top of page

Warrington Rylands F.C. 6 - 0 Colne F.C.

Image credit: Warrington Rylands F.C.

Colne crashed to a six goal defeat at Warrington Rylands on Tuesday night. The Reds competed well in midfield but failed to make an impact up front and their defensive failings were exposed by a home side who cashed in with some clinical finishing.

Rylands took the lead with their first attack of the game when Andy Scarisbrick made a run into the area and found the net with a low shot after only 28 seconds play.

Colne looked for a quick reply and Paul Dugdale’s cross just eluded new signing Jesurum Uchegbulam in front of goal. Then Charlie Russell forced a corner with a good run through the home defence and Elliott Rokka’s cross flashed across the goalmouth only needing a touch. As the Reds continued to build good attacks, Kingsley Williams latched on to a half clearance and forced a good save by home keeper Graham McCall diving to hold the ball by the foot of the post.

On the half hour, Red's keeper Sam Waller (on loan from Burnley FC) did well to keep out a low shot by John Hunt diving to push the ball round the post. But within a minute, he was beaten by a high diagonal ball into his goalmouth which was turned into the net at the far post by Scarisbrick to double Rylands lead.

Colne still looked good in midfield with some constructive play and Russell came close for the Reds just before half time with another good run into the home goalmouth, but his final effort was blocked at the expense of a corner.

If the Reds had hopes of a second half comeback, they were dashed within three minutes of the restart when Scarisbrick found Hunt wide on the left wing and he cut inside before finishing with a low shot inside the near post to put Rylands three goals ahead.

Seven minutes later, Colne’s best effort came when Rokka fired a curling free kick just under the crossbar of the Ryland's goal, but a defender’s head deflected the ball inches over. The Reds battled hard to make an impact on the game in the Rylands half of the field and Oli Roberts saw his shot pushed round the post by the keeper before supplying a diagonal cross into the goalmouth for Louis Myers whose header was clawed away by the keeper with another good save.

However after 67 minutes, the Reds lost possession on the edge of their own penalty area and Scarisbrick took full advantage to score his third goal of the game and Rylands fourth.

Again Colne looked to hit back and Myers opened up the home defence with a good run into the penalty area before Danny Edwards continued the attack and saw his close range shot from a tight angle come back off the post.

With four minutes left, Jack Tinning picked up a loose ball in the Colne half and took it forward before scoring Rylands fifth goal with a low shot. Two minutes later, Kane Drummond went down to a tackle from behind in the Colne area and Matty Hughes fired the resultant penalty home to round off the scoring at 6-0.

The Colne side contained four players who were new to the team and will take time to settle in and hopefully bring about a recovery in the coming weeks.

Colne F.C. Line Up:

Waller / Worrall / Dugdale / Dean / Pugh / Haywood / Russell* / Williams*** / Uchegbulan** / Edwards / Rokka


Myers** / Winstanley / Lent*** / Shepherd / Roberts*


Recent Posts

See All


Rated 0 out of 5 stars.
No ratings yet

Add a rating
bottom of page