top of page

Kidsgrove Athletic F.C. 1 - 1 Colne F.C.

Colne had to settle for a point in their away game at Kidsgrove Athletic on Saturday. The Reds looked to have done enough when they took the lead on the hour, but the home side struck back with an equaliser to deny them all three points.

Colne began the game on the attack and Billy Hasler-Cregg provided a chance with his cross from the left after only two minutes, but Enoch Takpe lifted his shot over the bar from close range. Five minutes later, Reece Webb-Foster beat two home defenders before seeing his shot saved by Kidsgrove keeper Kieran Harrison.

Colne looked the more lively side in this opening period and after 14 minutes Webb-Foster got to the bye line but his cross was scooped over the bar by Takpe in a replay of his earlier chance. Three minutes later, more pressure on the home goal saw Webb-Foster force a good save by the keeper to block his goal-bound shot as the Reds enjoyed some good attacking play.

Kidsgrove’s sporadic attacks were comfortably dealt with by the Colne defence and the Reds continued to look for the opening goal. With half time approaching, Hasler-Cregg provided a good opening for Webb-Foster, but a last ditch tackle by Tom Urwin robbed him of a shooting chance. In Colne’s next attack, Takpe fired a well struck shot just wide of the home goal after Hasler-Cregg had again provided the chance.

As the second half began, Colne continued to push forward and were rewarded on the hour when Anthony Williams’ superb through ball released Webb-Foster into the home area to the right of goal and he found the far corner of the net with a well struck low shot past the keeper to give the Reds the lead.

Kidsgrove responded with some good attacks and drew level after 71 minutes when Colne failed to clear a low shot into their goalmouth by Ethan Hartshorn and the ball ricocheted into the net off defenders on the line.

The game became end-to-end and debutant Declan Baldwin had the ball cleared off his toes in the penalty area from a great build-up by Hasler-Cregg and Webb-Foster while at the other end Hakan Burton made a good save to push away an angled shot from his goalmouth and Tom Dean made a series of headed clearances.

After 84 minutes, a free kick for the Reds 25 yards out was blasted goalwards by Webb-Foster and was kept out by the keeper’s feet having taken a deflection. But in the closing minutes, Kidsgrove pressed with some high crosses into the Colne goalmouth and Burton needed to show some good handling to ensure that the Reds finished with a point.

Colne F.C. Line Up:

Burton / Forbes / Winstanley / Roberts / Dean / Taylor* / Williams / Dodd / Takpe** / Webb-Foster / Hasler-Cregg


Turner* / Dugdale / Baldwin** / McFarlane


Recent Posts

See All


Obtuvo 0 de 5 estrellas.
Aún no hay calificaciones

Agrega una calificación
bottom of page