top of page

Kendal Town F.C. 0 - 2 Colne F.C.

Image Credit: Braithwaite Photography

Colne got their first league win of the season with a battling display against Kendal Town on Bank Holiday Monday. The Reds team was depleted by injuries but did enough to win with a goal in each half against the Cumbrian side who fought all the way.

Kendal made the livelier start to the game with Chris Humphrey shooting over the bar of the Colne goal in the first minute and Matt Mansh firing a shot just wide minutes later. The Reds took time to settle into the game and a good exchange between Billy Hasler-Cregg and Reece Webb-Foster resulted in a goal-bound header which the keeper saved after eight minutes.

Greg McCaragher lifted his shot over the Colne bar with a clear sight of goal after a good run across the edge of the Reds penalty area. But as play switched to the other end, Alex Dodd’s cross found Webb-Foster whose shot on the turn was saved by home keeper Morgan Bacon.

Colne enjoyed a period of attacking play with a series of free kicks into the home penalty area, but the Kendal defence cleared the danger on each occasion. In a breakaway on the half hour, Eric Yahaya shot over the bar of the Colne goal at the other end with just Hakan Burton to beat.

But it was Colne who were looking more dangerous at this stage and after 33 minutes Ollie Roberts’ free kick found Tyler Forbes for a shot inside the near post to give the Reds the lead.

On 41 minutes, Colne came close to a second goal when a defender under pressure in the home goalmouth sliced the ball inches over his own goal. And in a subsequent attack, Tom Dean headed just over the bar from close range as Hasler-Cregg’s cross reached him in the goalmouth.

As the second half began, Dodd shot just wide of the post of the home goal from Forbes’ cross. But as play switched to the other end, Humphrey’s low cross in the Colne penalty area reached Yahaya and only a great point blank save by Burton prevented a goal.

Colne looked for a way to double their lead and Webb-Foster and Hasler-Cregg forced saves from the home keeper with shots on goal. But Kendal were looking more dangerous with crosses into the Reds penalty area and the Colne defence were at full stretch to clear these.

After 79 minutes, a free kick at the other end gave Webb-Foster the opportunity to fire a low diagonal shot into the far corner of the Kendal net to put Colne two goals up.

Kendal came back strongly again and Burton performed heroics in the Colne goal punching high crosses away and plucking the ball out of the air to snuff out the danger on several occasions.

After six minutes of added time, Colne emerged as worthy winners following a closely fought contest.

Colne F.C. Line Up:

Burton / Forbes / Winstanley* / Roberts / Dean (c) / Turner / Williams** / Dodd / Hasler-Cregg / Webb-Foster*** / Dugdale


Bayode* / McFarlane / Takpe*** / Baldwin**


Recent Posts

See All


Rated 0 out of 5 stars.
No ratings yet

Add a rating
bottom of page