top of page

Colne held to 1-1 Draw at Holt House.

Colne improved their league position with a well earned point against Witton Albion at Holt House on Tuesday night. The Reds fought back from a goal behind and should have made more of the chances they created.

The visitors started strongly with Connor Hughes looking the danger man up front. And it was Hughes who provided a cross after eight minutes for Joe Duckworth to head home at the far post and give his side the lead.

Colne looked for a reply with Lucas Weaver and Owen Watkinson finding gaps in the visitors’ defence. And an Oli Roberts’ free kick after 15 minutes was headed over the bar by Enock Lusiama at the far post.

After 24 minutes, some good possession play on the left wing led to Colne’s equaliser as Roberts’ through ball sent Lusiama into the penalty area and he held off the defender before seeing his shot deflected off the keeper and bouncing over the line at the far post despite the desperate efforts of a defender on the line.

Three minutes later, Colne might have increased their lead when Weaver broke clear but shot straight at the keeper. And in the end-to-end play, the Reds defence did well to clear a Witton Albion attack when Hughes’ shot was blocked on the line by a great save by Andre Mendes before Harry Winstanley cleared the ball off the goal-line.

With half time approaching, Jake Wallace laid on a great chance with his cross from the right wing but Weaver fired over the bar with the goal at his mercy. And in a subsequent attack, Watkinson forced a good save from the keeper with his shot on the turn inside the penalty area.

Early in the second half, Colne pushed forward with Roberts supplying a series of good diagonal balls into the visitors’ penalty area. And on the hour, Weaver’s hard cross just eluded Lusiama at the far post while at the other end Hughes continued to torment the Colne defence with some good runs.

Colne came close after 70 minutes from a corner kick when Craig Carney’s header was cleared off the goal-line and Weaver’s follow-up shot was blocked in a crowded area. With ten minutes left, Prince Haywood was sent off for his second yellow card reducing Witton to ten men. And Roberts’ free kick was pushed onto the bar by the fingertips of keeper Oliver Martin with a flying save to deny the Reds once again.


Recent Posts

See All


Betygsatt till 0 av 5 stjärnor.
Inga omdömen ännu

Lägg till ett betyg
bottom of page