top of page

Colne F.C. 5 - 0 Barnoldswick Town F.C.

Colne came out on top in their friendly against Barnoldswick Town with a resounding five goal win at Holt House on Saturday. The Reds made the difference in league status show as they controlled the game for most of the 90 minutes and emerged as clear winners in an entertaining contest in front of a sizeable crowd.

Both teams showed an eagerness to attack in a lively start and the first serious shot on goal came after eight minutes when Colne’s Ryan Taylor brought a good save from Barlick keeper Jordan Gidley with his shot from the edge of the area.

The Reds took the lead after 18 minutes when a long throw in from the left wing was only half cleared and the ball fell to Reece Webb-Foster who blasted his shot into the net from 12 yards.

Barlick looked for a quick reply as Zack Dale made a good run up the left wing, but Louis Barrow’s shot was blocked in the Colne penalty area.

The Reds looked for a second goal with some good attacks and Charlie Russell forced a save from Gidley after a dazzling run through the visitors defence. The pressure paid off after 24 minutes when Webb-Foster burst into the visitors area to the right of goal and his hard struck shot was turned into the net by a Barlick defender for an own goal to double Colne’s lead.

In the ensuing period, Gidley made a series of saves to prevent a further goal before half time. Billy Hasler-Cregg was denied by Gidley when through on goal and Webb-Foster saw his goal-bound shot beaten away by the keeper as the Reds turned up the pressure. And Taylor’s 25 yard free kick was pushed round the post by Gidley’s diving fingertip save.

Colne went further ahead early in the second half when a corner on the right was worked into the middle of the Barlick area where Harry Winstanley fired home a low shot to make it 3-0 to the Reds. Colne kept up the pressure and Ollie Roberts fired home a 25 yard shot that dipped over the keeper and into the roof of the net for a four goal lead after 55 minutes.

On the hour, Colne’s trialist keeper was called upon to clear the danger as he ventured out of his area to cut out a Barlick attack, but it was Gidley at the other end who was much the busier as the Reds dominated the attacking play.

After 73 minutes Colne added a fifth goal when Winstanley’s cross was half cleared to Harry Cannon-Noren who blasted a diagonal rocket of a shot from the corner of the penalty area into the top corner of goal, giving Gidley no chance.

Barnoldswick looked sure to score in the closing minutes, but Paul Dugdale made a vital clearance from the Colne goalmouth to deny them a consolation goal and the Reds ran out comfortable winners on the day.

Colne F.C. line up:

Trialist / Trialist / Pugh (C) / Williams / Dean / Taylor / Russell / Roberts / Hasler-Cregg / Webb-Foster / Winstanley

Subs: Cannon-Noren / Dodd / Dugdale / Trialist / Trialist


Recent Posts

See All


Valutazione 0 stelle su 5.
Non ci sono ancora valutazioni

Aggiungi una valutazione
bottom of page