top of page

Colne F.C. 1 - 1 Marine AFC

Image credit: Ian Moore

A tight affair saw Marine draw with Colne, in what would be a disappointing result for the visitors.

Colne FC clinched a point from title contenders Marine to escape being pulled into a potential relegation play-off.

It was a strong start for Marine, with Jack Dunn, Alex Doyle and David Lynch almost sending The Lilywhites into an early lead. But Colne keeper Danny Thorpe made sure to deny any efforts coming his way.

After a dominating 20 minutes from Marine, Colne started to grow into the fixture. Having many counter-attacks through the blistering pace of their wingers. Skipper Kingsley Williams was also an architect in the build-up. With many defence-splitting passes in his locker today.

Colne gave away many silly fouls around their area during the half. With Marine getting every chance to fire ahead. But Colne always broke away on the counter. One of these counters came through to Dean Ing getting on the end of a loose ball and tapping it over the keeper and was brought down. Shot went narrowly wide. Mark Howarth got injured in a resulting collision and had to go off minutes later.

In what could’ve easily been a nasty injury James Devine escapes with just a booking. After a 2-foot-studs-up challenge on right back Prince Haywood. Thankfully the defender came away unscathed.

Towards the end of the first half Marine finally got their break, with striker Owen Watkinson, scoring a beautiful dipping header over the head of keeper Danny Thorpe to send Marine into the lead. 1-0.

Half Time: Colne FC 0-1 Marine FC

The second half again started out very even. With both teams having their fair-share of possession. Neil Kengni goes down rather theatrically as a result of a tackle from Prince Haywood. Striker Jack Dunn nearly scores from the resulting free kick but yet again Thorpe denies.

Loanee winger Danny Edwards dribbled through Marine’s entire defence and got taken down in the box. Penalty shouts from the dugout and the stands, but referee Zharir Mustafa disagrees.

Charlie Russell gets sent back to the changing room after only being on the pitch for two minutes! Soon after being taken down to ten men Colne have an attack. Substitute Aaron Turner whips an elegant ball into the box with poacher Dean Ing gracefully heading the ball into the goal. 1-1.

As the weather worsens, the game has a scrappy finish with both teams having multiple fouls given.

Full-Time: Colne FC 1-1 Marine FC

Marine would’ve been looking for the victory today, in order to try and get closer to automatic promotion so they will be quite disappointed with the result. Whereas Colne should be quite happy considering the gap between the two teams.

Colne FC Starting XI: Daniel Thorpe, Prince Haywood, Paul Dugdale, Thomas Dean, Tommy Lent, Jack Williams (Aaron Turner, 70’), Oliver Roberts, Kingsley Williams, Ethan Sutcliffe (Charlie Russel, 81’), Dean Ing, Daniel Edwards.

Unused Subs: Jack Worrell, Leon Donnelly, Kian Ellis.

Goals: Dean Ing (81’)

Bookings: Tommy Lent (Yellow, 62’), Charlie Russel (Red, 83’)

Marine FC Starting XI: Bayleigh Passant, James Devine, David Lynch (Ben Hughes, 78’), Mark Howarth (Luke Clark, 34’), Dean Winnard, Alex Doyle, Owen Watkinson (Kielan Adams, 87’), Ryan Wignall, Niall Cummins, Jack Dunn, Neil Kengni.

Unused Subs: Lewis Rielly, Josh Solomon-Davies.

Goals: Owen Watkinson (45’)

Bookings: James Devine (Yellow, 40’), Dean Winnard (Yellow, 72’)

Referee: Zharir Mustafa

Attendance: 265


Recent Posts

See All


דירוג של 0 מתוך 5 כוכבים
אין עדיין דירוגים

הוספת דירוג
bottom of page