top of page

Colne F.C. 0 - 2 Warrington Rylands F.C.

Image credit: Warrington Rylands F.C.

Colne went down to a two goal defeat against high-flying Warrington Rylands at Holt House on Tuesday night. The Reds suffered a setback after only thirteen minutes when striker Dean Ing was sent off, but turned in a creditable performance to match their opponents for long periods of the game.

In the opening stages, the visitors tested the Red's defence with some high speed runs and through balls, but Harry Winstanley made some great tackles to cut out the danger on several occasions. At the other end, Colne’s forwards looked capable of creating chances against the Rylands defence. But after 13 minutes, Ing was shown a red card for the alleged use of an elbow reducing Colne to ten men.

A minute later, the Reds had a good chance to take the lead when Lee Pugh’s long throw fell to Charlie Russell, but he shot over the bar from the edge of the penalty area. And as Colne continued to attack with good runs by Billy Hasler-Cregg, the Reds gave cause for optimism.

Warrington looked dangerous when they pushed forward and Tommy Lent and Jack Worrall made vital clearances under pressure in the Colne penalty area.

On the half hour, Pugh’s long throws created danger at the other end of the field but the Rylands defence made good headed clearances. As Colne continued to create chances, Paul Dugdale’s cross found Worrall at the far post and his close range shot was blocked by the keeper on the line. And as play continued, the ball was returned into the goalmouth where Will Shepherd saw his header hit the post.

As the second half began, it was Rylands who pushed forward and Andy Scarisbrick made a penetrating run through the Colne defence and saw his low shot blocked by Hakan Burton with a good save, but his follow-up diving header from the rebound flew into the top corner of goal past the outstretched fingers of Burton to give his side the lead.

The goal lifted the visitors who pressed forward with more attacks and Colne’s defenders made some great clearances from their goalmouth under pressure. But after 74 minutes, Rylands doubled their lead when a low shot from a narrow angle by Kane Drummond found the bottom corner of the Colne net.

As the Reds looked to reduce the deficit, Louis Myers chested the ball down for Oli Roberts to blast a 20 yard shot against the post of the visitors’ goal and Roberts fired a shot over the bar after a good build-up in the closing minutes of the game as Colne fought bravely to the end.

Colne F.C. Line Up:

Burton / Lent / Dugdale / Winstanley / Pugh / Shepherd** / Russell*** / Haywood / Ing / Webb-Foster / Hasler-Cregg*


Myers*** / Roberts** / Gourley / Worrall* / Ellis


Recent Posts

See All


評等為 0(最高為 5 顆星)。

bottom of page