top of page

Colne 2-3 REMYCA

Colne suffered their first defeat in 5 at the Nori on Saturday afternoon.

Without Watkinson, Doyle, Winstanley, Blessing, Knox to name a few, Manager Paul Weller would have hoped for a positive start to the game, but were dealt a major blow inside the opening minute when Nathan Corneas broke down the right wing and debutant, Bobby Grant turned the ball home beyond the reds stopper.

The goal came inside 40 seconds and left the reds kicking off for the second time in a minute.

Colne tried to get themselves back in the game throughout the opening half hour, but REMYCA's back four stood resilient.

On 35 minutes following a flurry of Colne attacks, the reds got themselves back in the game.

Weaver and Hebda combined inside the reds area, before the impressive Hebda was dragged down by Kennedy which resulted in a reds spot kick.

Weaver, coming into the game on the back of a Hattrick v Squires gate confidently stepped up and smashed the ball Into the top corner to bring the reds level.

It was a deserved equaliser for the reds, which seemed to spur them into further attacks.

On 40 minutes, Hebda turned his man excellently 20 yards out, but his curling effort was easily held by Reynolds in the REMYCA goal.

On the stoke of Half Time, a Hasler-Cregg corner was played to Bolton at the edge of the box, but his shot was deflected and looped over.

10 minutes Into the second half, the former Radcliffe Manager got his second of the game for the visitors when a deep ball was headed Into his path, before he turned Wallbank well and fired an unstoppable effort Into the top corner.

Litherlands lead didn't last long as the in-form Weaver nabbed his 15th of the season.

He picked the ball up on the half way line and drove at the REMYCA defence in a furious counter attack

Weaver took the ball on to his right and his swerving shot wrong footed Reynolds and gave Colne their second equaliser of the game.

The reds now needed to push on to find the winner, but again, found themselves behind inside 60 seconds.

Following the kick off, REMYCA responded how any manager would want, the ball went out wide from the centre spot and a delicate cross found Toner in acres of space at the edge of the box.

With all the time In the world, Toner sent a curled effort into the top corner beyond the outstretched Allen.

Colne pressed for their third equaliser of the game, but REMYCA held out for all 3 points.


Recent Posts

See All


Rated 0 out of 5 stars.
No ratings yet

Add a rating
bottom of page