top of page

Ossett United 0-4 Colne F.C.

Colne went through to the next round of the Emirates FA Cup with an emphatic four goal win in the replay at Ossett United on Tuesday night. Two goals in each half underlined the Reds dominance of the game in an all round team performance that swept aside their opponents.

Both sides went for an early goal with some end-to-end play in the opening stages with Kwame Boateng supplying dangerous crosses into the Colne goalmouth and Elliott Harrison having his close range shot blocked in the area by a vital tackle by Lee Pugh. While at the other end, Aidan Chippendale’s cross went begging in the Ossett goalmouth and Sefton Gonzales headed just wide from Pugh’s cross to the far post.

After nine minutes, Connor Hughes won the ball in midfield and set up Max Hazeldine for a 25 yard shot that clipped the top of the Ossett crossbar. Six minutes later, good work on the left wing by Chippendale released Hazeldine into the home area where he went down under a challenge but his claims for a penalty were waved aside by the referee.

After 18 minutes, Hazeldine’s low cross from the right wing slipped through the keeper’s hands but defenders cleared the danger from the goalmouth. And as Colne kept up the pressure, a cross by Waqas Azam found Tony Donaldson in front of goal and his header was cleared off the line. But within a minute, the ball again fell to Donaldson 20 yards from goal and he found the bottom corner of the net with a low shot to give the Reds the lead.

After 22 minutes, Hazeldine opened up the home defence with a run up the right wing and supplied a pass to Chippendale in the area who turned past defenders before firing a left foot shot into the far corner of goal to double Colne’s lead.

Ossett looked for a reply but Andy Hollins and Matty Makinson were strong at the back for Colne as the Reds held their lead to the half time interval.

The second half began with some even end-to-end play but after 63 minutes Billy Hasler-Cregg had his shot blocked by the keeper following Hazeldine’s good run and cross from the wing. Two minutes later, Hasler-Cregg became the provider when he crossed the ball from the bye line for Gonzales to head home for a 3-0 lead to the Reds.

Again Ossett looked to hit back but Pugh and Gonzales headed dangerous crosses clear from the Colne goalmouth and the referee was unimpressed when Alex O’Keefe went down in the Reds area looking for a penalty.

After 77 minutes, Hasler-Cregg supplied another cross from the bye line into the Ossett goalmouth and Hughes knocked the ball past the keeper to give Colne a resounding four goal win.

Colne Team

  1. Hakan Burton

  2. Waqas Azam

  3. Lee Pugh (C)

  4. Joe Coveney

  5. Matty Makinson

  6. Andy Hollins

  7. Tony Donaldson

  8. Connor Hughes

  9. Sefton Gonzales

  10. Max Hazeldine

  11. Aidan Chippendale

  1. Alex Coleman

  2. Marcus Poscha

  3. Billy Hasler-Cregg

  4. Will Harris


Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page