Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Colne Football Club app


Colne FC - Match centre

Colwyn Bay
M Morgan (22'), B Lynch (53'), O Wood (60'), R Taylor (68' Sent Off)
Full time
Sat 24 Nov 15:00 - The Evo-Stik League - West Division Attendance 259

Reds Rise to Third


Colne moved up to third in the league with their second win in seven days at the Sovereign Play Stadium on Saturday.

But once again the Reds subjected their supporters to a nail-biting finish as Colwyn Bay fought back from 3-0 down to score two in the last ten minutes.

The visitors began brightly and Danny Andrews’ free kick into the Reds penalty area was headed away by Billy Priestley before Lassana Mendes fired a shot just over the bar from the follow-up. As play swung to the other end, Lee Pugh’s long throw created danger in the Colwyn Bay goalmouth and keeper Andy Coughlin did well to block Ollie Wood’s close range shot before Brad Lynch volleyed the half clearance just over the bar.

In the end-to-end action, Alex Coleman was on hand to clear the danger when Craig Pritchard and James Barrigan combined to create a goal scoring chance in the Colne penalty area. After 22 minutes, a diagonal ball up the left wing released Lynch for a run to the bye-line and his low cross into the goalmouth was laid back by Wood for Matty Morgan to fire into the bottom corner of the net to give Colne the lead.

As the visitors came back strongly Will Bell saw his shot deflected just wide of the Colne goal in a crowded goalmouth. And Mendes missed a golden opportunity on 40 minutes when a low cross reached him at the far post and he fired over the bar with the empty net in front of him.

Colne pressed forward in the second half looking to increase their lead and Lynch came close with two shots as he got round the back of the visitors defence on the left wing. After 53 minutes, the Reds went further ahead when Coleman made a run on the right wing and his high cross fell to Lynch at the far post who drove in a low shot from a tight angle to double their lead.

On the hour, another good move by the Reds produced a third goal when Richard Taylor found Morgan on the right and his high cross was headed home by Wood at the far post. As Colne continued to attack, Lynch saw his shot blocked in the visitors goalmouth before Pugh’s follow-up flashed just wide of the far post.

But after 68 minutes, Colne were reduced to ten men when Taylor was sent off for his second yellow card. The Reds reorganised and still looked in control with Dominic Kerrigan making good runs on the right wing and Krishnan Patel shot just wide from a low cross.

But the visitors were given fresh hope when Tom McCready pulled a goal back with a speculative shot from outside the area after 82 minutes. And as Colwyn Bay raised their game, they tested the Reds defence with some strong attacking play in the closing stages. But their shooting from long distance failed to trouble Hakan Burton in the Colne goal until they won a corner three minutes into injury time. Alex Downes rose high at the near post to flash a header into the roof of the Colne net to reduce the arrears to 3-2.

But it was too late to affect the outcome of the game as the Reds ran out worthy winners despite the late setback.

Key moments

Goal Matty Morgan scores for Colne
Goal Brad Lynch scores for Colne
Goal Oliver Wood scores for Colne
Red Card Richard Taylor is sent off for Colne


View 0 new events
90:00 +3:00 Yellow Card
Bradley Knox is yellow carded for Colne
77:00 Sub Off
Matty Morgan is substituted off for Colne
77:00 Sub On
Dominic Kerrigan is substituted on for Colne
77:00 Sub On
Alex Wood is substituted on for Colne
77:00 Sub Off
Alex Curran is substituted off for Colne
69:00 Sub On
Krishnan Patel is substituted on for Colne
69:00 Sub Off
Oliver Wood is substituted off for Colne
68:00 Red Card 3 - 0
Richard Taylor is sent off for Colne
60:00 Goal 3 - 0
Oliver Wood scores for Colne
53:00 Goal 2 - 0
Brad Lynch scores for Colne
End of period 1
30:00 Yellow Card
Richard Taylor is yellow carded for Colne
22:00 Goal 1 - 0
Matty Morgan scores for Colne
Start of the game
Replay game

As it happened

  • Colne
  • Colwyn Bay
  • 0
  • Matty Morgan Goal 22:00'
  • Richard Taylor Yellow Card 30:00'
  • Brad Lynch Goal 53:00'
  • Oliver Wood Goal 60:00'
  • Richard Taylor Red Card 68:00'
  • Krishnan Patel Sub On 69:00'
  • Oliver Wood Sub Off 69:00'
  • Dominic Kerrigan Sub On 77:00'
  • Matty Morgan Sub Off 77:00'
  • Alex Wood Sub On 77:00'
  • Alex Curran Sub Off 77:00'
  • Bradley Knox Yellow Card 90:00 +3:00'

Team selection

Burton, Hakan Burton, Hakan
Coleman, Alexander Coleman, Alexander
Pugh, Lee Pugh, Lee
Curran, Alex Curran, Alex
Priestley, Billy Priestley, Billy
Makinson, Matty Makinson, Matty
Taylor, Richard Taylor, Richard
Lynch, Brad Lynch, Brad
Knox, Bradley Knox, Bradley
Wood, Oliver Wood, Oliver
Morgan, Matty Morgan, Matty

League round up

Other West Division results

Atherton Collieries
Kendal Town
Runcorn Linnets


Loading comments

League table

# Team Pl Pts
1. Atherton Collieries 38 82
2. Radcliffe FC 38 75
3. Leek Town 38 74
4. Colne 38 73
5. Ramsbottom United 38 72
6. Runcorn Linnets 38 72
7. Prescot Cables 38 69

Team sponsors


Club sponsors